Fraxel LaserBuy Cosmetic Gift Cards (for use on cosmetic procedures and products)
Fraxel is a proven laser technology which can help reverse the visible effects of aging, naturally helping you look as young as you feel. Fraxel technology is proven to be safe and effective for multiple indications. With Fraxel, change isn’t drastic or scary – it’s you, just younger!
Fraxel is effective on:
- Fine lines and wrinkles (crow’s feet, brow lines)
- Surface Scarring (acne scars, other scarring)
- Pigmentation (age spots)
- Sun damage (helps heal dangerous skin damage)
- Actinic Keratosis (pre-cancerous skin condition)
to view before and after pictures
What to Expect
Fraxel Laser Treatment can produce side effects. The intensity and duration of your side effects depends on the treatment aggressiveness and your individual healing characteristics. Generally, patients who are treated more aggressively experience more intense and longer lasting side effects; however, some patients who receive a less aggressive treatment may experience side effects of greater-than-expected magnitude. Notify your physician if the severity of your side effects becomes a problem for you.
Offered exclusively at our Pleasant Praire clinic
- Immediately after the treatment, you will experience redness, swelling and sometimes pinpoint bleeding. You will notice most of the swelling on the first morning after treatment, particularly under the eyes. Swelling usually lasts two to three days. To minimize swelling do the following:
- Apply cold compresses to the treatment area for 10 minutes of every hour on the day of treatment, until you go to bed.
- Sleep elevated the first night. Use as many pillows as you can tolerate.
- Heat sensation can be intense for the following 2-3 hours. Occasionally oozing can occur in isolated areas for a few days as well.
- Over the next few days, redness may worsen. Swelling may be significant and cause some discomfort.
- You may also notice that your skin appears bronzed or little dark dots will appear on the treated area. Your skin may feel dry, peel, or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
- This dead skin is a normal result of laser treatment, and should start sloughing off 3-4 days after treatment. Most patients complete this process 5-7 days after treatment on the face. (On off-face areas, such as hands/arms, where healing is slower, the process may take up to 2 weeks.)
- Once the sloughing is complete, you may notice some pinkness over the next few weeks. Most redness resolves during the first week after treatment, but a rosy “glow” can remain for several weeks. If you wish, you can apply makeup to minimize the redness.
- Some patients have also experienced itching.